GS1100E tank mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E tank mount

Can someone take detailed photos of the bracket that goes between the seat and the tank? I bought a basket-case and the part is missing. Better yet, if someone can duplicate theirs I could pay them for making one. The suzuki pn is 45270-49500 (plate, front), it bolts to the frame and then the tank bolts to it. It is also the same piece that the front of the seats tucks under.

Its a 1982 GS1100E that my friend sold to me for next to nothing. It was only missing the bracket described above and the starter cover.

Thanks for any help!

Would someone be willing to do a mock up in cardboard from the one on their bike and then send that to me?

I really need some help, its the only functional piece missing from my bike, please?

Comment

You're sort of in luck as I just got my suzuki manual in the mail today. Here's what you're looking for when you go to the bike wreckers. :P

This thing ought to be worthless so you should be able to get it with a whole raft of parts off of ebay at the same time too.

Steve

ps. I haven't received my 1100 yet so I can't take a picture for you

Comment

I don't think that's the piece. That looks like the spot where the airbox bolts to the frame. I think RedGS1100 is looking for the bolt on crossmember that the gas tank bolts to. I don't have a digital camera, so I can't dig out my bike to take a picture. I'll try looking through the shop manual to see if I can find a picture. I would start searching the internet for salvage yards. You may be able to find a wrecker with a bent frame that the piece could be pulled from.
        JP
        1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
        1992 Concours
        2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
        2007 FJR

Comment

Look in the parts for sale forum. Pdanza has a post for parting out an "83" GS 1100 E. The picture from srivett, is a "80" & "81" model GS 1100. Totally different from the "83".

Comment

RedGS1100,

JPaul is right. That doesn't look like the 82/83 models.

Just in case you can't get the part from Pdanza, send me your e-mail address and I can send you some pictures this evening.

Comment

I have the part on its way to me, I bought one from a salvage yard in Ct.

My bike has really faded paint on the gas tank, its almost orange and pretty bad looking. Once I get it running I am going to have the gas tank painted at a local body shop. Now that I can get the seat and gas tank on though, I will turn the key for the first time later this week.

Comment

Working...
              X