Corbin Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbin Seats

Was wanting to order a seat for my 84GS1150 from Corbin but I cant find my model on their website. They still list the 83 GS1100E tho. Can this one piece style seat work on my two piece GS1150? Input appreciated - Mike

I don't think so. I have the Corbin seat for the 1100E. Had trouble making it work for my 1100E I would think you would have all kinds of issue on a 1150E

Sunburn

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, they don't make one for my '81 1100E either.

Comment

Originally posted by dietcokeking
        If it makes you feel any better, they don't make one for my '81 1100E either.
        I wish they did as I'd be ordering one.

I called once and they told me they would need the bike to fit the seat. I'm too far away for a trip to their facilities, but if someone closer wanted to visit them, we may be able to get them to make us up some.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryman
          I called once and they told me they would need the bike to fit the seat. I'm too far away for a trip to their facilities, but if someone closer wanted to visit them, we may be able to get them to make us up some.
          I'm too far away, too.

Comment

Corbin Seat

I seem to recall that when I asked Corbin about a seat for the 1150 a long time ago, the model the showed me eliminated the under seat storage.

Comment

A cheaper way out is go to an upholstery shop.
              I had my 1000S seat refoamed for $100.
              The cover was fine, no rips or tears in it.
              He did the seat with triple density foam.
              He used the old foam as his template, no issues 2 years later.
              Keith
              -------------------------------------------
              1980 GS1000S, blue and white
              2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Yeah, go to an upholstery shop and it will probably do a very nice job for you. Or else send your seat to Sargent's in Fl. Everybody complains that Corbin seats are too hard!

Comment

I agree that Sargent's does good work and they can pretty much tailor a seat for you with there custom service.

I disagree about the Corbin seats though. I had a Corbin on a Honda V-65 Sabre and thought is was a little hard when I first got it, but found that it was really great on long rides. I did a lot of 700 to 1000 mile days and for that it was great. I have a Corbin on a Honda VF700 that my son has taken over lately and I like it but actually liked the style of the one on the V-65 better.

I had Sargent due a seat on a Yamaha Virago that I had years ago and they did a really great job. One of the things that really stands out in my mind aside from the looks of a button seat, and comfort, was how well the stitching held up. I had seats redone by local upholstery shops that started coming a part in a couple of years. I put 75k on the Yamaha after getting the seat redone and when I sold it still looked good and all of the seams were intact.

Comment

Anyone close to Corbin with an 80-81 GS1100E that wants a Corbin and is willing to take the bike to them?

We may be able to get a discount if several of us agree to buy seats.

Comment

Working...
                    X