What to use sticking on the emblem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to use sticking on the emblem??

I never had a emblem on my left side. I got one from Suzuki through 'flatoutmotorcycles.com'. But it is gold, around it & the one I have, on the right side w/DOHC on it, is silver, around it! HA! Does anybody know which one is right? Or if that's the way they were? My main reason for asking how to stick it on where the old one goes, is; the sticky stuff on the back, that ya have to UN-peel, I don't think will be strong enough to hold it on, in the wind. Somebody before me, must of scraped the bike in a fall, on the part were it goes, so it is ground down some, on the top. So when I put the new one on, some of it would be sticking up, past the circle where it's suppose to stick into. So I think the wind may grab that area of the new one & it might blow away. I want to prevent that. So I was wondering what I can use instead of just the sticky stuff on the emblem it's self, to really stick it on. Thanks in advance. Ron..

It will stick just make sure the case is super clean. If you look very close their is an alignment notch too. The silver is OEM the gold is factory replacement

Reread are you talking about the emblem on the engine case or the emblem on the side cover ??? The side cover has some pins & is retained by tinnermin clips
    Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2006, 03:18 AM.

Comment

I think those silver ones are sharp, if I could find them new I'd replace the 1100L on the sidepanel

Comment

Originally posted by 5RON5
        I never had a emblem on my left side. I got one from Suzuki through 'flatoutmotorcycles.com'. But it is gold, around it & the one I have, on the right side w/DOHC on it, is silver, around it! HA! Does anybody know which one is right? Or if that's the way they were? My main reason for asking how to stick it on where the old one goes, is; the sticky stuff on the back, that ya have to UN-peel, I don't think will be strong enough to hold it on, in the wind. Somebody before me, must of scraped the bike in a fall, on the part were it goes, so it is ground down some, on the top. So when I put the new one on, some of it would be sticking up, past the circle where it's suppose to stick into. So I think the wind may grab that area of the new one & it might blow away. I want to prevent that. So I was wondering what I can use instead of just the sticky stuff on the emblem it's self, to really stick it on. Thanks in advance. Ron..
        The stock adheasive should be good enough. I always like to warm up the glue with a hair dryer right before I apply emblems. Clean the surface with denatured alcahol or Windex. If you want extra adhesion, 3M makes an awesome adhesive called 3M weatherstrip adheasive. You can get it at Napa or most of the major automotive chains.

Comment

Emblem Color

I think it depends on the original color scheme of the bike. I have the maroon and black color scheme and I have the gold trim emblems, however I have seen the silver ones on the gray or silver colored bikes, as a matter of fact i replaced my motor and it had the silver ones on it which I replaced with the gold since it matches the tank. I just replaced mine not long ago and Instead of relying only on the tacky adhesive on the emblem, I also secured mine with hot glue from a glue gun. I made small marks on the cover so when I secured it, it was alligned properly. The glue seems to really help, however I also used an extra hold glue stick which they sell in different adhesive qualities. also try checking out www.worldofcycles.com There you can enter the specific year and model of your bike and pull up the parts sheet with part numbers and prices. I sometimes pull those numbers go to my local suzuki dealer and order the parts from him, he gives me a 10% discount giving him the numbers so he doesn't have to look it up and so far every number has been correct. Though World of cycles has good prices and excellent customer service. Most other places have their own numbering system or they are not complete.
          Good Luck Bill

Comment

Hay! Thanks for all the posts! The engine decal on the right side is silver & the one I ordered, is gold. So who knows? I will look up the # & see if it's the same as the one I ordered from. I bet they are the same. It's just that you can't tell what color they have. It doesn't list that. So your at they're choice, if they have one. I think I will look into the more sticky stuff before I put it back on though. Yes, I made sure it was clean. It had some other kind'a stuff on it from when the one that came off was on. Like bondo, or something. Some kind'a paste stuff. Anyway, I sanded it down smooth, so when I get ready to stick the new one on, w/whatever, it'll be nice & clean & smooth. Thank you for all you help. Man, i love this site w/a Passion! Ron..

Comment

Working...
            X