need to spray carb before starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to spray carb before starting

in order to start my gs750, i need to spray the carb. after i get it started, i need to give it some throttle until it warms up. then, until it really warms up, i sometimes get a little hesitation at 3/4 throttle. i was thinking about getting the carb looked at, cleaned and adjusted if need be. does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be the problem before i take it in for something i may not need? or for that matter, does anyone know what i should have checked out when i take it in? thanks in advance!!

Also check your spark!

Clean connectors everywhere. I was having a weak spark problem due to corrosion that went away when i cleaned the connectors at the coils, but before I did this, I needed to use spray in the carbs a lot.

Comment

carbs...

sounds like your choke tubes as well as your pilot jets are clogged...

you can clean them yourself and save yourself 200-350$$
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

thanks, I'm going check all my connectors this weekend. I did take it to work this morning, and it just didn't have the power, or would studder everytime it hit 4,000 rpms. Eventually I'm going to need to replace the gaskets since I also noticed that I'm leaking oil.

81 GS550G with a GS750 motor....

Comment

Working...
        X