No announcement yet.

Tire Recommendations for a 1982 GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'oh! You're right. The GT501's are the follow up to the K591's.

- Tim

Comment

D'oh! You're right. The GT501's are the follow up to the K591's.

I don't see EliteIII's in the sizes for my bike, though. 100/90-19 and 130/80-18

- Tim

Comment

According to the local (unreliable) dealer, Dunlop is planning on eventually releasing the Elite III in all the sizes available for the k491s. However, these guys tend to say things without researching the subject.

Comment

Right now the bike has 100/90-19 front and 130/80-18 rear, both 491's. I'm going to check the rim again to see whats stamped on it. I'm sure it doesn't match what the dealer quoted on the phone, though. When I find out what is stamped on it I'll post it here.

Is it common for people to change out wheels on bikes like they do cars and trucks???

Comment

I just wanted to put in a good word for www.traxmotorsports.com. I'm got my Cheng Shin HiMax's from them last summer and they had the best price and pretty cheap shipping. I don't have the exact number anymore but my total for the front and rear plus shipping was under $100 to the door. If I find someplace that will mount up my tires for me I'll be buying from them again this summer for project bikes...

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
            X