No announcement yet.

Where's the stop light on front brake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is'nt Fernando Vargas (the boxer) from Oxnard as well? (I'm a bit of a boxing fan.). Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread...I'll let ya get on the brakes again .

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Terry, are those part numbers on your alpha-sports link Suzuki parts numbers, or are they alpha's numbers?
      Keith
      Originally posted by humhead
      If you look closely at your master cylinder, you'll see two wires in a plastic sleeve that connect to your wiring harness behind the headlight. There's a little switch in the master cylinder housing that triggers the brake light. It's real easy for this to get out of adjustment. Other folks on this site have replaced this nasty little setup with a hydraulic switch. These are easier to work with & fit most bikes. Dennis Kirk & others sell hydraulic switches.

Terry
      PS Go here to see what I'm talking about http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm Choose the year & model of your bike & look at the "right handle switch" page

Comment

The part numbers on the alpha-sports website are the real Suzuki part Numbers.

Comment

My wife has a GS550L and I had the same problem and its because the copper horse shoeshaped piece and the connecting base on the handle arent coonecting. all you can do is order new parts, you can go to crc2onlinecatalog.com and the parts are new and dirt cheap and I havent had a problem since

Comment

Working...
          X