Parasitic Draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasitic Draw?

When having positive cable connected to battery, negative cable disconnected, negative probe of multimeter connected to negative battery terminal and positive probe of multimeter connected to negative battery cable, I got a reading of .0055v when the multimeter was set to 20vDC.

Problem?

hmmmmm 55 ten thousanths of a volt is might small and can be explained away by mousture in the air, finger touching probe etc...

why? is your battery going dead over night or something?

do that with a modern bike or car and you will read full battery voltage!

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
      hmmmmm 55 ten thousanths of a volt is might small and can be explained away by mousture in the air, finger touching probe etc...

why? is your battery going dead over night or something?

do that with a modern bike or car and you will read full battery voltage!
      The bike died on me last week during a 25 or so mile ride, and when I tried to start it up, I could hear the starter struggling to start. I've been doing some testing over the week, just to make sure. Charging numbers are right on spec so far, and I left the battery disconnected for a week after fully charging and the battery held at 12.65v

Just trying to eliminate any problems and trying to decide if I should just add a ground wire to my R/R or install the Honda one I have.

Comment

If you are trying to measure current, then put the meter in the current mode. Not knowing the ohms per volt of the meter, the 5.5mV doesn't mean much.

Comment

Working...
        X