White Smoke. Should I Worry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Smoke. Should I Worry?

Poured a little Marvel Mystery Oil down all four cylinders of the T and tried moving the wheel a little in second, but it wouldn't really budge. Tried all the gears and it got easier as I got higher, but not much.

Took her out and started her. She started right up, but would bog a little under throttle, and there was a lot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust, more the right than the left. It went away after a little bit, but that was scary. She runs like normal now, complete with the tendency to die when coming down off of high revs every once in a while.

that would be the oil burning off, nothing to worry about unless it doesnt stop.

Comment

Originally posted by ericox
      that would be the oil burning off, nothing to worry about unless it doesnt stop.
      That's what I figured, but I just wanted to check.

Should I have waited a while before starting her up? I didn't harm anything, right?

Comment

Waiting would have only DELAYED the smoke, not PREVENTED it. Unless you waited several months or so.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
          Waiting would have only DELAYED the smoke, not PREVENTED it. Unless you waited several months or so.
          Rock.

Thanks, guys. Just tryin' real hard to get her runnin' right, you know?

Comment

No problem, enjoy the ride

Comment

Thanks. You guys are great.

Comment

Working...
              X