Left Hand Control Options for '82 GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Hand Control Options for '82 GS750E

Are there any other models of left hand control that would fit on my '82 GS750E? By left hand control I mean the turnsignal/headlight/horn module.

- Tim

Check this Ebay site. You can usually find just about anything you need here.

The Beast

Comment

If you do not find it on Ebay check this site.

The Beast

Comment

I got one off a kawasaki , so now I can push the turns signals off, but I had to make a new choke cable.

Comment

When it comes down to it, you can make any control work

Comment

Replacement Controls

I found a website www.peakmoto.com that sells standard replacement handlebar switches, for $62 you can get the turn signal/horn/ highbeam switch assembly from them, all you have to do is hook up the wiring correctly from its wiring harness to your wiring harness and you have a updated switch.
            I ended up taking mine apart and cleaning the components that were all corroded, I found small springs and a ball bearing that sits in a hole with a spring that when installed holds pressure on the switch internally, the ball bearing is what you feel when you move the turn signal switch as it hits the detents inside holding it in position, the spring inside it allows the ball to be recessed so it can slide left to right. It is a trip getting it all back together, there are no exploded diagrams of the inside of that switch so it took some head scratching to figure out how it all went back together when parts started flying apart when I dissassembled it. Trying to find the springs on my floor was no easy task as they are only fractions of an inch long. Had I known about the replacement switch from peakmoto i would have just puchased a new one. After i got my switch together it works great, now i know what to do it isn't a big deal just be prepared and look carefully at how it went together when you take it apart should you take on that task, once the contacts were clean and lubricated it worked like new.

Good Luck Bill.

Comment

Working...
            X