Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaking Camshaft Seals (?) Replacement; Where To Buy New Seals!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking Camshaft Seals (?) Replacement; Where To Buy New Seals!?

I believe I need to replace the cam seals on my 82 GS450L. They look just like the cam seals on my cars, the semi-circular black rubber seals that sandwich right around where the intake meets the cylinder head. After getting nice and warm, they will start to slowly drip out motor oil, and some of it runs on the fins of the cylinder!

I can't seem to find a place that sells replacements, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I work on import cars. I have a good solid base of metric tools; what tools may I need that I probably won't have? I am about to replace these seals, tear down my carbs, clean them, and reinstall.

EDIT - Here's a pic from BikeBandit, it looks exactly like #16:

Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2006, 06:19 PM.

available as close as your dealer pn 09241-23002

Comment

Cycle Recycle II in Indy stocks these for $2.50 each. That's probably about the same or a bit more than what your dealer charges, but CRC2 is a lot easier to deal with than the surly teenagers at most dealers.

CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

(scroll down)
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys!

So no weird tools I will be needing for the carbs?

Comment

No, no special tools really, not much more than a screwdriver, needle nose pliers and a measuring stick for the floats. Ray
          "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
          GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
          1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
          1979 GS1000SN The new hope
          1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
          X