are any gs parts interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are any gs parts interchangeable?

I have a 82 suzuki gs1100g with a broken spedometer. I saw a 1981 gs1100ex spedometer, which looks different, but the mounting could perhaps be the same...on ebay. Are these interchangeable? PLEASE HELP.

The instrument mounting bracket that is fitted to the forks, I believe is the same. The front wheel diameter between the two bikes is the same, so speedo drive gearing will be the same. Same speedo drive cable should also work.
    The best I can answer is you SHOULD be OK. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by anthonyridesgs1100
    I have a 82 suzuki gs1100g with a broken spedometer. I saw a 1981 gs1100ex spedometer, which looks different, but the mounting could perhaps be the same...on ebay. Are these interchangeable? PLEASE HELP.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

When in doubt , take a look at on of the on line parts fiches for the models in question. I like this one http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm
      It looks like you're gonna have to hold out for a speedo from an 850G, 1100G, or 1100GK The other bikes (L models, E models) use different speedometers. Most times the whole gauge cluster is different, including the wiring.
      Earl is right about the mounting points & wheel size.

Terry

Comment

There is a seller on ebay who has a parts cross reference software.

I have no affiliation with him, only that Im a satisfied customer of his cross reference product.

It is a licenced software, and you can search by part number, model, parts description etc etc etc.

Its about US$25 and I have personally found it to be worth every single cent!

Comment

In general, the 850, 1000, and 1100 shafties have a lot of interchangable parts, but there are a few gotchas -- for instance, there are some important chassis differences between the GL and G models, but the engines are mostly interchangable. There are also a lot of differences between the 1979 and 1980+ models.

They have very little in common with the 650 shafties or any of the chain drive bikes.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X