HELP for Queenie's mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP for Queenie's mower

we went through the bike and did all normal maintenence and contact cleaning etc. feeling confident that all was in readiness we put it into the local dealer for a carb balance and service before she rode it.
    All went well until they tried to get a stable idle, discovered a slight crack in a carb diaphram and a leaking fuel tap diaphram so these were replaced with new genuine components, everything was reset and try again.
    Now we can get a stable idle so long as the vacuum hose is diconnected from the fuel tap as soon as it is reconnected the idle goes erratic and rough,
    Any ideas or suggestions? even our mechanic admits he is stumped
    Dink

sounds like the petcock was not put back together correctly, or posibly a vacume leak in the line.

Comment

the replacement tap was a complete new genuine assembly, not sure about whether the line was replaced though
      Dink
      thanks for the quick response Leon

Comment

after having the "mower" running, pull the vacume line at the carburator and check for gas in the line. It should not have gas in it!

Comment

Re: HELP for Queenie's mower

The first thing that comes to my mind Dink is maybe they replaced the fuel tap diaphram with the incorrect one. A part that physically will fit but is not the same part number may not work.

Earl

[quote="Dink"]
          All went well until they tried to get a stable idle, discovered a slight crack in a carb diaphram and a leaking fuel tap diaphram so these were replaced with new genuine components, everything was reset and try again.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
            The first thing that comes to my mind Dink is maybe they replaced the fuel tap diaphram with the incorrect one. A part that physically will fit but is not the same part number may not work.

Earl
            The fuel tap was replaced with a complete new one as there was fuel in the vacumm line.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
              Now we can get a stable idle so long as the vacuum hose is diconnected from the fuel tap as soon as it is reconnected the idle goes erratic and rough,
              Any ideas or suggestions? even our mechanic admits he is stumped
              Dink
              What happens when you take the line off and block it up?

So far it sounds like you are getting stable idle with an open vacuum line. Have I misunderstood that? Perhaps you have a blocked air jet (or something ) and the open vacuum line is compensating.

Kim

Comment

Kim
                When the vacume line is removed from the petcok and is plugged. the thing idles correctly--this was my understanding from a conversation with Duncan last night.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
                  Kim
                  When the vacume line is removed from the petcok and is plugged. the thing idles correctly--this was my understanding from a conversation with Duncan last night.

In that case it sounds like a bad petcock slipped through the quality control dept......this is provided it ran OK before.

Comment

Have you tried running the engine with the petcock vacum hooked up and the gas cap off the gas tank? A plugged gas tank vent is a possibility. (still scratching my head :-) )

Earl

Originally posted by WifeofDink
                    The fuel tap was replaced with a complete new one as there was fuel in the vacumm line.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                    X