Question about ignition coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about ignition coils

alright, i have a 1982 suzuki GS650gl, and after it's been ridden for about 20-45 minutes(depending on the heat outside), it starts misfiring and loses all kinds of power. The guy at the suzuki dealership said that the ignition coils are bad, and are overheating and thats causing them to misfire. my question is... before i shell out 200 bucks on ignition coils....is there anything else that could be the cause of this?

Yeah, the ignitor box could be on its way to being history.

Earl

Originally posted by Metaldrummerjosh
    alright, i have a 1982 suzuki GS650gl, and after it's been ridden for about 20-45 minutes(depending on the heat outside), it starts misfiring and loses all kinds of power. The guy at the suzuki dealership said that the ignition coils are bad, and are overheating and thats causing them to misfire. my question is... before i shell out 200 bucks on ignition coils....is there anything else that could be the cause of this?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Also, could be as simple as the plug caps. On mine they started acting up when hot, replaced coils etc, but it was only the plug caps. Thats what happens when they are 24 years old I suppose!

Comment

alright guys, thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
        X