GS1100 Timing marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 Timing marks

I am trying to install the Cams on an '82 GS1100. See link for image. The manual I have looks nothing like the timing marks I have. In the image I believe I have the 1-4 pistons at TDC according to the piston position, but the mark that lines up is the one between the T and the F. Does this look right to you guys? I highlighted the marks with marker for clarity. Also, am I lining the mark up to the correct thing, the black thing with a blade on it?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    John Flach

How about this?:
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

You are at TDC in your photo.

In fact, your digital camera seems to be much better than mine at taking close-ups of shiny things.

Would you mind if I used it on my TDC page instead of the possibly confusing photo that's on there? I'd be happy to give you credit for the photo.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you! That is what I thought it was. Thank god cause I already put the cams in!
        Feel free to use the pic, no problem.

Comment

Working...
        X