Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to diassemble an L model shock to make it shorter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to diassemble an L model shock to make it shorter?

I want to lower the bike and was checking out all options including shorter shocks, lowering blocks, and shortening the stock shocks.

Originally posted by gotjeepzj
    I want to lower the bike and was checking out all options including shorter shocks, lowering blocks, and shortening the stock shocks.
    Sure, you can just install smaller/shorter shocks.

I do not advocate cutting coils on any shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
      Sure, you can just install smaller/shorter shocks.

I do not advocate cutting coils on any shock.

I wouldn't cut the coils. i'd heat it tiil it dropped.

Comment

blocks

Lowering blocks were my choice only because you can remove them if you want. They are very easy to take off, so you can reverse the mod without any permanent damage to the rear suspension.

Comment

I'm worried about clearence issues with the blocks and the rear disc set up

Comment

I'm worried about clearence issues with the blocks and the rear disc set up
            I don't know if you would have any issues, I wouldn't think so. Can you post some pics? Here's what mine looks like.:?

Comment

I didn't buy them yet, but I looked at your pics before for inspiration. Damn nice bike. You have a rear drum. From looking at your bike it looks like the coil would hit the rear caliber.

Comment

I didn't buy them yet, but I looked at your pics before for inspiration. Damn nice bike. You have a rear drum. From looking at your bike it looks like the coil would hit the rear caliber.
                I posted some closer pics of my lowering blocks on another thread on here,I'll try and find it and repost them for a better look. Thanks I like too!

Comment

Originally posted by tracy borchert
                  I posted some closer pics of my lowering blocks on another thread on here,I'll try and find it and repost them for a better look. Thanks I like too!
                  here's some pics, kind of small I'll try to get bigger ones later.

Comment

Working...
                  X