Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 750 Been Stored For 10 Years

This Forum Is So Cool.

I Have A Gs450l. I Love This Little Bike, But I Want Something With More Power.

I Was Given A 81 Gs750 That Has Been Sitting For Ten Years After Someone Tryed Removing A Dent In The Tank With Compressed Air (great Idea-not). I Am Having Trouble Finding A Tank That Will Fit My Pet Cock. All Used Tanks I Find Have The Petcocks Gone Already.

My Question Is. Is There A Way To Weld A Pet Cock To A Tank.

so....you can find a replacement petcock...this shouldn't be stopping you...

Comment

they kept the pet cock off the blown out tank.
      now i cannot find a new tank to fit this pet cock. i recieved the bike with the pet cock and a used tank without a pet cock i do not want to spend a lot on a tank when i do not know how much more work the bike is going to need.

i had written the bike off until i found this forum. now you guys have me exited about gs's again. they are great bikes!!!!

Comment

What model is the 750? L , E ? There's always tanks on Ebay.

Comment

I generally pay little attention to Suzuki gas tanks but I am guessing that the petcock bolts into the tank via two threaded fittings inside the tank that are probably 44mm apart. Pingel makes adapter plates that will bolt right on (varioius bolt offsets plus a BLANK plate where you just drill your own holes). Once the adapter is on, you just go to your favorite Harley shop (or Dennis Kirk or JPCycles.com) and buy a Custom Chrome petcock that screws into the tank. You will have to plug the vacuum port which actuated the old petcock (vacuum port is on your carb assembly). The Custom Chrome petcock is gravity feed; that is, it turns off when you turn it to the OFF position. The Custom Chrome petcocks are about $20 and are fully rebuildable and have one fuel outlet. You can get the adapter plate from www.z1enterprises.com - DO measure the offset between mount bolts. Drag Specialties also sells a $20 rebuildable (similar design) petcock. Oh yeah, they call these petcocks 3/8" NPT thread. FWIW: Harleys and metric bikes both use the same thread on their petcocks. It is NPT (national pipe thread) and is neither SAE or metric.

Comment

How about making a test tank out of something till you see how the old beast runs?

Comment

It Is A 1980 Gs750l

The Adapter Plate Dosn't Sound To Bad For 40$ Total

I Think I Will Try To Get It Running With A Dummy Tank First

Thanks For The Responses

Comment

This ought to do it.
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

Working...
                X