Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooding Gs450l

My 450l Is Flooding The #1 Cylinder

It Only Runs With Full Choke. I Cannot Accelerate Witk At All.
    If I Let It Run The #1 Pipe Stays Cold And Fuel Starts Dripping From The Exaust Crossover Pipe. It Has A Two Year Old Petcock I Have Had The Carbs Off Three Times. Switched Carbs With Two Carbs Off Another Bike And It Runns Great. I Found A Small Pin Hole In The Slide Diaghram.
    What Does The Slide Do?
    Will This Cause To Much Fuel?
    Has Anyone Ever Repaired A Slide With Some Kind Of Epoxy?

The slide works off of a vacume. When the slide goes up it raises the needle value out of the needle jet allowing more gas to come from the float bowl into the engines intake. If your needle valves are set right you could be getting too much gas into the cylinder.

Hope this helps,
    David
    1980 GS750E

Comment

If The Slide Has A Hole In It, Wouldnt This Cause A Lean Condition From The Vaccum Leaking Off And Not Raising The Slide Needle?

Comment

Yes, it would cause the needle to rise slower and as a result a lean condition. I've repaired slides with a spray rubber I bought from Nappa auto parts, but this doesn't sound like your problem. Doesn't sound like your float is adjusted right or your float needle isn't seating properly. Do you have the rubber cap over the pilot jet?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

How Do You Adjust The Float?
          The Needle Seems To Be In Good Shape And As Far As I Can Tell The Seat Looks Good. Had The Bowls Off Twice

Comment

I would also check the o-ring under the float needle seat. To adjust your float you measure from the gasket part of the bowl with gasket removed to the part of the float where it steps down from the hinge. Do not measure at the hinge it will be wrong. On a my 1100 the measurement is 21.4mm to 23.4mm. If the gasket is on minus 1mm from this. I'm not sure if the measurement is right for a 450. While taking the measurement turn the carb upside down and let the float just sit there with no pressure on it. Make sure both sides of the float measure the same. Maybe you should invest in a K&L rebuild kit.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X