Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 - '82 GS850 parts interchageability

H all, I'm new here as of May 3 - -
    ...this may have been covered by folks before - - my question is, are any parts interchangeable between an 81 and 82 GS850? I'm wondering about body pieces, and engine parts. (I've seen that driveshafts don't necessarily match up, nor exhaust pipes.)
    ...I have an '81 850G; ..there's an '82 available for parts. Thanks. Dave

Depends on the Model as in G or GL. Motors and Other Parts interchange but Seats, Body Parts, Etc do Not.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks Marvinsc, mine's a G, and 82 parts bike is stated as a G, but I'll see tomorrow - going to look at it. Thanks for the info. - Dave

Comment

If they are Both G's Most All Parts should interchange. I have a 80 850G and have come close a couple of times to Buying a Parts Bike. A LOT of Parts are still available but More are being discontinued all the Time.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
        X