Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrex Regulator work with stock stator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrex Regulator work with stock stator?

Does anybody know if an Electrex regulator/rectifier wil work with a stock stator. If so will this fix the faulty electrics problem, or do you have to replace the whole setup?

Re: Electrex Regulator work with stock stator?

An Electrex regulator/rectifier will work just fine with a stock suzuki stator. This will only fix the "electrics" problem if the problem is in the stock regulator/rectifier. If the stock stator is bad, then of course replacing a regulator and rectifier will not solve this problem. It will also not solve the problem if it is due to bad connections, aged wires, poor grounds or corrosion.

Earl

Originally posted by Roadwarrior
    Does anybody know if an Electrex regulator/rectifier wil work with a stock stator. If so will this fix the faulty electrics problem, or do you have to replace the whole setup?
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: Electrex Regulator work with stock stator?

Originally posted by Roadwarrior
      sure.

but when Your stator is worn out and needs to be replaced with a new one, an Electrex stator is both cheaper and better alternative than stock.

Comment

I don't have the bike on the road yet, so I don't know for sure. But the bike had quit a few blown bulbs when I got it including the headlight. I popped in an old non-hallegen seald beam I had lying around, and took it for a ride up the street. The headlight seemed a lot brighter that a non hallegen should be, that is until it burned out. A little more riding up and down the street, and the high beam burned out as well. Back at the garadge I checked and got somthing like 15.5 volts accross the battery with the engine running. I'm assuming ether a bad ground at the regulator (connection looks pretty good though) or a bad voltage regulator. Since I plan to do a bit of touring on this bike I want to fix it so that I am not going to be plaged with electrical problems. Hence I'm considering the Electrex regulator, and hoping the stock stator will be reliable.

Comment

Working...
        X