No announcement yet.

Oil Filter Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used Fram 6001 successfully in my GS850's and my present GK. The only difference between them is the rubber o-ring. The one that comes with the 6000 is different from the one packaged in the 6001 box. The filter units themselves are totally interchangeable.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
      the 35 microns is rock-sized compared to what needs filtering. And as for fram, I don't know what the motorcycle filters are, but I would NEVER use one on a car.......cut one open and you see why... 8O
      Ok then, what do you recommend The only filters I've seen around here are Emgo and Meiwa. Unfortunately IF they come with an o-ring, it doesn't fit my bike. I guess they've forgotten about two-valves! :?
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
        Ok then, what do you recommend The only filters I've seen around here are Emgo and Meiwa. Unfortunately IF they come with an o-ring, it doesn't fit my bike. I guess they've forgotten about two-valves! :?
        Here on the mainland you can find Fram motorcycle oil filters in the motorcycle accessories aisle (all two feet of it) at Canadian Tire - at least the 6001 I need. They sell for about $10 Cdn plus taxes last time I checked. The thinly disguised part numbers in my Dennis Kirk catalog seem to indicate that yours would be the 6000? They should be able to confirm that at the CT parts counter. Dennis Kirk wants $6.50 US for Fram in my shiny new catalog ($10.25 Cdn), but only $3.99 US for Emgo ($6.30 Cdn). Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
          I used to work at a QLube washing windshields and the rest of the menial of the menial tasks and I found that the Pennzoil oil filters were the worst. When I got bored I would punch holes in the filters so that the oil would drain out and the Pennzoils were paper thin. I've been told WIX filters are the worst interally...my boss somewhere else always used brand name filters on heavy equipment.

Steve
          Pennzoil and Fram filter are one in the same. One is Orange and One is yellow. I recommend Suzi or STP, with Emgo as #3 if i can't find the other 2.

Comment

Working...
          X