X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcb
    I am in Dallas Texas.

David
    These guys should have anything you need....
    http://www.metricmcc.com/contact/contact_dallas.aspx

Comment

I have on several occasions seen sellers on eBay offer kits of stainless allen head fasteners that are tailored to specific bike models. I'm sure they're not super exact... probably have one or two extra, or one or two less, but still... a good place to start. Do the eBay search on "Suzuki hardware kit" and see what pops up.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_C
        Tom, where abouts in socal do you live? I might be interested in going to this McFadden Dale once the majority of maintenance has been performed. On my poor neglected project bike screw heads are stripping like they're made out of plastic
        I'm in Orange right around the 55 and 91 freeways.

McFadden-Dale Hardware is on LaPalma Ave around the 91 and the 57 freeway. They are open on Saturdays 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.

Sorry about rattling off on all the sizes used on jap bikes, I have three types in my stable (Honda, Yamaha, and now Suzuki). I did sell off my CZ400MX to make some more room and a restored CB350F I was not riding any more.

Tom

Comment

Thank you all for the information and the details. All this information is helpful.

Comment

I was able to find some of those kits, including at CRC... How does Zinc compare against SS? See here: http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/allen_bolts.htm "Bolts are bright zink plated steel."

Comment

Get in touch with this guy. I bought a set for my GS750 and they look great. All bolts were in kit. Two bolts needed a little trim, but no biggy, I put a nut on, cut it off, cleaned up the end, and unthreaded the nut. Saved alot of hunting and pecking for the various sizes needed, probably better then 8 different lengths required.

Greg
              Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2006, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X