BIG BOG!!! Now it won't run!!! Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG BOG!!! Now it won't run!!! Suggestions

I was cruising around town on a beautiful Wed night. Went after 10 miles or so the BOG! My bike started to bog down spit and sputter. I couldn't get any power. It stalled at afew lights I pulled out the choke all the way and had it reving high and that help a bit.(got me home) Anyway before I start digging into it any suggestions on where to start first?

It is a 81' gs 250t

again I have been riding it w no problems for about a month and BAM! out of no where it started to act like this.

Yes there is gas

Thanks!

?

do you have spark? battery up to snuff? Are the plugs wet even though it will not run? These answers will help you to know where the issue is.

Comment

The battery has enough juice to get it cranking. So would it still be a batt. problem?

Thanks for the reply!:-D

Comment

?

It may crank but not fast enough to start. I would crank it (with choke) and pull a plug. This will tell you more of what is going on.

Comment

i had the same problem, check you connections at the coils and make sure your getting spark on all wires. My problem ended up being my ignition. Do you still have points?

Comment

There may be some confusion. The bike Does start and idle pretty well. It is just when I give it throttle that it bogs down and or dies. Only way that it will run (some What) is whit it running with the choke wide open.

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Try running some carb cleaner through it. BG44K worked wonders for me. Ray
              "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
              GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
              1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
              1979 GS1000SN The new hope
              1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
              X