wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel bearings

GS1000 with GSXR1100H forks and 17 in GSXR1100 m wheel.spindle is 15mm bearing in wheel is 6204 20-47-14.cant get a bearing 15-47-14.any solutions please

Did you check any local bearing shops?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

2.5mm thick sleeve over axle?
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Sounds like you need rear bearings for a GS700E. When I used a GSXR rear on my 700 I had to use my stock GS bearings in the GSXR wheel so I could use the smaller GS axle. Same od as the GSXR wheel and same id as the GS axle. Both the front and rear GSXR wheels use the same size bearing if I remember right. Have a bearing shop check the specs on the NSK 6303DU and the NSK 6303Z. One of those might be what you need. One has a steel seal and the has a rubbery seal. You might even find some place online to check the specs.

Comment

Wheel bearing listing

Dennis Kirk catalogs have bearing avail from all balls listed by bearing size.. I will check my catalog cd and see if that size is listed... also check with a local bearing supplier and see if they have your size in stock..

Comment

The steel 'seal' bearing is a shielded bearing. I worked at a hydraulic repair and reman shop and we would always get mix ups with those things. Ask for a sealed bearing, get a shielded. With how fast and hot these motorcycles get, I'd go for a viton sealed bearing, sealed both sides too, they'll come anyway you want. You can get them sealed with buna/nitrile or viton, a few might get teflon. P.S. Everytime I hear what people get charged for bearings on the street it kills me. Most of those things are cheap, yet people get charged an arm and a leg for them.

Comment

Pricey..

througgh the $uzuki shop they wanted about $15 a side.. dennis kirk had them for $10 a set.... for my GS550

Joe

Comment

What is the best front wheel bearings for a '80 GS850G?? Thouse Vitons sound good what is the stock size for my bike?

Comment

That's great advise! Last bearing I replaced, I went to bike bandit for stock replacement. Next time, I will go to a bearing shop, only ten miles away!

Comment

I was at the GM dealer the other day They sold a gal of Preston DexCool antifreeze to customer $19.95 I had bought some a few days before AutoZone $9.95 Thats some markup

Comment

Working...
                    X