Cracked Head GS 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked Head GS 750

My 81 750e has cracks in every cylinder, what should I do? Should I be looking for a 850 head or what?

head cracks

In my opinion just from general knowledge, Yes you should be looking for a new head as I understand it is impossible to repair cracks in every cylinder unless you have enough metal to overbore. Now is this the cylinders themselves or the sleeves??

Comment

Ken,
      It's a head he needs. Watch Ebay, you can pick up some good deals there. If you pay with Paypal you can even get buyer protection for a few bucks more. I've seen Yoshimura prepped heads there from time to time that would fit your bike. Even if your head could be repaired it would likely cost more than a good used head.

Comment

Opps, It the head that's cracked, plug hole to EX valve. I think the haed is toast. So now what? Can I get more displacement?

Comment

The 850 head is a two valve design, won't work. The only way to increase displacement is to increase bore, stroke, or both. Switching heads won't do anything for displacement and only the proper head will keep compression and squish area where it should be.

You need to be looking for a 750 head. '83 and later are a different design.

Comment

if your in the toledo oh area i can weld it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by snofrog
              if your in the toledo oh area i can weld it for you.
              Simon has a 750 and he has had a cracked head for a long time

Comment

Uhhhh Scotty, I dont think the words "cracked" and "deranged" are interchangable in this instance. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by slopoke
                Simon has a 750 and he has had a cracked head for a long time
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                X