Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock problems?? or Vaccum line?

Hi everyone,

My bike is not starting all of the sudden. I noticed that I’m not getting any fuel from the petcock. I took it apart and looked for any clogged holes and everything looks excellent. I also tested it by sucking a bit on it, and it worked fine (may not be the best way to do it). I then suspected that maybe the vacuum line was clogged… so I sucked on that too, and blew in it and found no resistance (also may not have been the best way to do it). I manually filled the carbs and the bike started just fine, I checked the vacuum line coming out of the carb body (carb body #3, off vm22s is this the right one?) and noticed that when I put my finger on it that it was barely creating a vacuum…. Maybe the vacuum line is in fact working fine, and it is the petcock… but it was working fine a day or two ago. Ideas? thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2006, 06:34 PM.

If you just adjusted the valves they might be too tight on that cylinder. Loose rubber on carb 3? Worn rings, no compression. Vac hose have a leak?

Comment

Not sure how much in lbs. & oz., but very little vacuum will operate the petcock.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Hi, I seemed to fix the problem (or it fixed itself). I did just adjust the valves... interesting... what I did was that I manually put some gas in the bowls let it run for a while and then the problem just went away and it started working. The bike runs great now. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

If the fuel bowls were empty It can take forever to start, That is what prime is for. On my bike if it has sat for a fewdays I always put it on prime for a few seconds

Comment

Working...
          X