newbie with brake handle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie with brake handle problems

hey guys, well finally got my first bike and just like every vehicle i own its old and needs a few things\\/

anyways the bike just needs a brake handle lever (front brake) the old one was snapped....so i goto my local suzuki dealership to get the part amazingly they have it in stock so i buy it and go to put it on and well its totally diffrent doesnt fit at all looks like its for a cable operated bike...i called the dealership to bitch em out for given me the wrong part and it matched what they gave me so i dunno what to do......has anybody else had this problem? if so what the part # of a handle that will fit? any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

-brian

:-D There's plenty of knowledgeable,helpful people here,I'm just short on the knowledge part. I'm sure the smart ones will want to know what bike you have-yr ,model etc. A picture would help too. I'm sure you came to the right place. Good Luck!:-D

Comment

I'd hazard a guess that you have an early 400, and some of those had drum brakes while others had disks.

The dealer should have thought of this possibility, but that would require intelligent thought, and that just ain't happening at most parts counters.

There's also the possibility that your bike is wearing a front end and/or braking system from another GS. If you post a photo, someone should be able to ID it pretty quickly -- there were only a few different brake systems used on GS Suzukis.

And yes, please reveal the complete year and model of your bike. It helps just a wee bit...

Make sure you include the full designation if you can find it on the VIN plate. My bike, for example, is a 1983 GS850GD. Some parts are quite different on a GS850GLD, so using the full model designation is very important.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

woops guess i did forget to post my year make and model sorry haha....

anyway after getting on the dealerships website i found what i need because apparently he must of looked up a gs400x and mine is a gs400c so looks like i need to go swap it out and hope that they have one in stock thanks for the help guys...

Comment

Working...
        X