Carb needle seats or something?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb needle seats or something?!?!

I have an 82 GS650L and have recently put new uni pods on it. i took it to my local bike shop to have the carbs rebuilt, jetted, tuned, and sync. I got the bike back and it runs great but wants to bog down around 5500 rpm when you give it full throttle. I have read other posts and have seen mentioned moving a clip down on the needle? or even putting a washer under the needle? If someone could tell me how to do this or better yet a picture i would greatly appriciate it. I'm only 15 and still learning!

Welcome back Gous.

Talk to the garage? If they were jetting and tuning the carbs they should have road tested it.

/\/\ac

Comment

I totally agree with Macmatic. You paid them to get the carbs set up right, it's their responsibility to do so, or return your money.

Comment

i told him i only had 150 to spend and he did 3 hours of labor at 50 bucks an hour plus parts and onlt charged me 147. he said he could get it right if he spent more time on it but he said he had no idea how long it would take. He told me the easiest way to get the bike to run right would be to either put the stock air box back on or adjust the needles. He said there should be a clip or something that i can move to another notch or put a small washer under the needle. I just need to know how to do this. I know someone on here knows how because they talk about doing it to their bikes. If somone could give me a picture of it that would be the biggest help.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X