Speedo Wheel sending unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo Wheel sending unit?

I have replaced the Speedo, and the cable...... Anything OTHER than the sender I should be looking at?
    Can it be repaired? If so how? How do I see whats wrong with it?

The cable DOES turn when attached to the wheel sender, The speedo does turn when tested with a drill.......

I have been thru 2 on my 1100. The original and a replacement.
    I have taken them apart but couldn't see anyway or anything to repair.
    I have gottem replacements here:arrow: at an excellent price
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

sender..

I have taken mine apart and swapped the two eared driver from another unit into mine... the first one had a flattened ear on it.. I then cleaned what i could and greased it and replaced it in the unit and am running it now.... (all that holds them in is a snap ringh)... are you sure the cable is engaging the speedo fully???? Try to route it so there is more tension on the cable housing going to the speedo.. if there is too much slack the cable won't spin correctly and it slips out of the cog and head socket as it twists... not sure if it twists tighter when spinning or looser... but the spin will change the length somewhat and if the tension is not right it won't drive the unit... then when you are stopped and disconnect it it appears to be okay....

Joe

Comment

If you need a new one and you can use one from a 450E I think I have a spare I could let you have.

Comment

Working...
        X