1980 GS750E - Air Mixture Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS750E - Air Mixture Question

I trying to adjust my air mixture screw because my plug is kind of white. From what I understand that means the cylinder is running lean. When you have a kind of white plug do you need to screw it in out to fix problem?

Thanks,
    David

Out, counter clockwise. Your pilots, needles, mains and float height may need adjusting as well.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Your bike has CV carbs I believe. The important thing to realize is that the mixture screw doesn't actually richen or lean the fuel mix, rather turning it in or out either increases or decreases the amount of "mixture" evenly. When you add more of the mixture it can however correct a too lean condition, but at some point you may need to consider the jetting. Is it only one cylinder that is burning lean?
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I just got through cleaning the carbs. The plugs looked good before I started but they are now not correct.

Thanks,
        David

Comment

Working...
        X