78 gs1000 engine in 78 gs750 frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs1000 engine in 78 gs750 frame

78 gs1000 engine in 78 gs750 frame will it fit??? Is it a direct bolt in or will I have to modify a bunch of stuff? Thinking of a project for next winter.

Im 99% Sure It Will Fit

Comment

Both of them being 78, so both are 8 valve engines with kick starts. As far as I know, the engine cases are the same between those two engines. I believe it will be a direct bolt in, but I'm not an absolute 100% positive. The airboxes are not the same and I dont think the 1000 box will fit into the 750 frame, but you should be able to ream the 750 box to accept the 1000 boots. 750 I believe is 26mm VM and the 1000 is 28mm's. It shouldnt be a difficult swap. Both engines use the same ignition, starter clutch, clutch and stator.

Earl

Originally posted by pntrdave
      78 gs1000 engine in 78 gs750 frame will it fit??? Is it a direct bolt in or will I have to modify a bunch of stuff? Thinking of a project for next winter.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

There was a guy nicknamed brit 7/11 who had a beautiful 750 with a 1000 motor in it. He fabricated at least one new engine mount in order to get a perfect fit.
        I don't know what happened to him or his bike. It was a beauty.

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X