GS Trike???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Trike???

Anybody here built a GS trike? I was pondering the idea of using a GS850 or larger shafty as a trike. Wondering if anyone here has info, or know's where to get info. I found a nice GS trike on a website, but can't read the language, now I lost the site. Thanks

gs trike

I find the concept of a GStrike a most interesting subject. I think ecspecialy a shaft drive would be a good idea.You would get the look of a custom motorcycle and the reliability of a GS..Good Luck and I hope to read much more.

Comment

See my reply to this subject in the general discusion forum

Comment

Re: GS Trike???

Originally posted by quickie
        Anybody here built a GS trike? I was pondering the idea of using a GS850 or larger shafty as a trike. Wondering if anyone here has info, or know's where to get info. I found a nice GS trike on a website, but can't read the language, now I lost the site. Thanks
        I am almost sure I read an article one or two years ago in a magazine (MC-nytt) about a Norwegian guy who had built a trike of gs 1980 or 81 model (real nice one).

He was disabled after an accident and could not drive a two wheel motorcycle any more, therfore he built the GS-trike.

Maybe some of our Norwegian GS:ers knows about him?

Quickie, do you remember if the language you couldn't understand, could be Norwegian?

Comment

GS Trike

There was one for sale on eBay a while back. I think I have the picture saved on a disk at home( I'm at work now). If I find it I'll try to post it . Seems to me that the guy who built it used a GS850 and the front axle out of a Jeep for the rear. Keep us posted on your project.

Scott

Comment

I don't remember what language that was, I think it was european, but not sure. Hell, I don't remember what I did an hour ago. I'm starting to scope out some shafty's, would like to go with an 1100. Is the 850 or 1000 any more reliable? I know my 1100 hasn't been too good to me, I seem to break something everytime I ride it.

Comment

Working...
            X