Model Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model Z?

A number of the parts for my bike are designated "Model Z" (1982 GS750T).

What does this mean and how does it affect which parts I need?

Thanks!

This chart will help. You bike is an 82 GS750TZ. "Z" being the 82 model year.

Reference chart here.

Allen

Comment

I still don't really understand what it means, does that mean that 750E and L parts are the same? I looked on the parts chart and for example, my front brake piston is part number 59301-45830, but for the 82 GS750E the same part is 59301-45820.

I'm having a really hard time finding parts that specifically fit the 750T, so I'm trying to figure out what makes it different from the other 750s made that year.

I often see parts that list compatibility with say, the GS750E and L, but make no mention of the 750T. So are the parts actually compatible? Or is the T different? Confused...

Basically in a nutshell I'm trying to figure out why my local Suzuki dealer says that brake caliper kits for the 750T are no longer existing, while I can find caliper kits for the other 82 750s EVERYWHERE...

Comment

Also I guess I wasn't very clear about what I meant in my original post - I know that each year has a letter designation.

But what I'm asking about is that if you go to http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm and look up the 750T, you'll see a bunch of parts (cam chain, caliper, crankcase) have a "Model Z" designation. If you look at the 750E (for the same year) those same parts are not designated "Model Z." That's what I'm curious about...

Comment

I like to use denniskirk for checking fitment. Here is an example of the rear brakes for your bike. If you click the fitment tab it shows what other models those parts fit. The rear shoes only fit your GS and no other models of GS

Of course denniskirk doesn't stock alot of replacement parts, but it helps.

Allen

Comment

Ok. Try this link to a parts fiche from another Suzuki dealer:

The T model is different in quite a few ways from the E and L model, so many chassis, and body parts are different. I know the brakes are even different(T has only one disc in front and drum in rear). I think the motor parts are mostly similar(TSCC). This parts fiche shows model Z (1982) and D (1983). The 83 had a different color scheme(both body panels and engine and exhaust) The 83 engine was mostly black. Hope this helps.

Dan

Comment

Wow nice links, thank you!

I'm getting frustrated worrying about which parts are right, this should help a good deal!

:-D

Comment

Yep the T is a tough one. The tank, seat, brakes, wheels, forks are quite
                different from all the other 750's and they where only made in 82/83. The motor is all the same for 80-83 750's.

Comment

Working...
                X