Stabilizing Footpegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabilizing Footpegs

When I'm riding a bit too hard, I notice that my footpegs will bend down a bit if I'm putting a lot of pressure on them. Not bend permanantly, but just as long as I'm putting my weight on them.

Has anyone figured a way to "stiffen" them?

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by UncleMike
    When I'm riding a bit too hard, I notice that my footpegs will bend down a bit if I'm putting a lot of pressure on them. Not bend permanantly, but just as long as I'm putting my weight on them.

Has anyone figured a way to "stiffen" them?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Loose weight. :-D

Seriously though, first I've heard of this.

Comment

Some bikes have rubber inserts, to isolate vibration. Like on the bottom of most GS rear shocks

If your bike has them, I suppose they could be removed and replaced with some sort of insert or nylon spacer.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by hungryman

I only weigh about 195!

Comment

I'd also check for anything loose... go one-by-one, and check every nut and bolt between the peg and the frame. If something there is a little loose, it coulf be giving you that little bit of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Basket Case
            I'd also check for anything loose... go one-by-one, and check every nut and bolt between the peg and the frame. If something there is a little loose, it coulf be giving you that little bit of movement.
            I went through to tighten it all, but they didn't want to move much at all. I didn't want to force anything in case they were welded in place or something as a safety feature. I would think those pegs aren't something that the manufacturers would want to mess around with!

Comment

Originally posted by hungryman

+1

HAHAHAHAHA:-D

Comment

And 195 on a 6'4" frame doesn't leave a lotta room for weight to lose.

Comment

The only other thing I could recommend is aftermarket pegs. I never did like the feel of the rubber on the pegs... I prefer the all-aluminum race-style.

Comment

Originally posted by Basket Case
                    The only other thing I could recommend is aftermarket pegs. I never did like the feel of the rubber on the pegs... I prefer the all-aluminum race-style.
                    Fair enough, but it's not the pegs themselves, it's the whole assembly.

Comment

Working...
                    X