Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Manual and Side Covers

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can order a service manual, and hopefully some replacement side moldings for my 1982 850L.

I have been watching ebay... not alotta luck, plus I would prefer buying from some sort of actual parts dealer.

Thanks for any help!

Kyle

any help..

Comment

Hi, welcome to the GS Resources!

There are factory and aftermarket service manuals. Many people get both. Online parts diagrams are available at:
      Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

And some other places, too, if you search the web. There's a lot of info packed into the diagrams; I find the ones at Alpha to be clearest. The diagrams include links to buy parts, and it pays to shop around. Bikebandit uses non-Suzuki part numbers, Alpha uses Suzuki part numbers.

The factory service manual seems to be available for your bike, but with a caution. The part number listed for it on Alpha's website is 99500-38002-03E, and if you go into the diagrams there they offer it for $60 or so. If you feed the part number to the part number search at http://www.ronayers.com, it's about $50 there. However, this is the general manual for shaft-drive GS850 bikes 1979-1983. The later years may have supplements which aren't listed, but which might be available on eBay. The Ron Ayers website offers great prices, but no diagrams. Parts are generally warehouse-shipped (and the warehouses may not be owned by the parts vendor).

I'm not sure which part you mean by "side moldings". If you mean sidecovers that cover over the battery, electrics and rear brake master cylinder, in the area under the front seat, then they seem to be available from Suzuki for about $50-60, and may also pop up on eBay or be available in your local bike junkyard for less.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2006, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Kalessin ! Thank you for the link to Alpha Sports!! I just bought most of the trim items I've needed! Their website is an absolute breeze to use!

Thanks again!
        KK

Comment

Thanks! that is alotta helpful information!

Comment

Next time you order parts, also check the prices at bikebandit... Or try feeding Alpha-sports' part numbers into Ron Ayers website (they don't have diagrams and don't talk about old bikes if you call them).

Comment

Working...
            X