Carb kits and what do I need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb kits and what do I need

Ok i've tried my bike again and it is definately fuel leaking out - the bike runs for a while, but then slows down on idle, then cuts out, and fuel leaks from underneath from the overflow.

Someone told me on here its probably the floats are stuck or one of the seals needs replacing.

I have a friend with experience of taking carbs apart etc. and is going to help me, but he says to buy a kit but one which does not include jets. I live in the UK, does anyone know of any companies supplying the sort of kits I need?

Thanks in advance - I have a 1982 GS650GT(z)

Originally posted by garyh
    Ok i've tried my bike again and it is definately fuel leaking out - the bike runs for a while, but then slows down on idle, then cuts out, and fuel leaks from underneath from the overflow.

Someone told me on here its probably the floats are stuck or one of the seals needs replacing.

I have a friend with experience of taking carbs apart etc. and is going to help me, but he says to buy a kit but one which does not include jets. I live in the UK, does anyone know of any companies supplying the sort of kits I need?

Thanks in advance - I have a 1982 GS650GT(z)
    I purchased K&L kits for my 1100. They include everything from the needle and seat assembly, to gaskets to even all new jets. The kits you need are p/n 12-2584. Any local dealer that has access to Parts Unlimited accesories can get these kits. The kits are about $23 ea. Sounds like you definately have a bad needle and seat(s).
    Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2006, 06:52 AM.

Comment

K&L kits can be had for most bike's, $20-$30 ea. Most include all the jets depending on model. Check with this place. I believe they will ship USPS anywhere.

Greg

Comment

Thanks for the help. Looking through these sites, none mention the 650GT, there is a 650G, or a 650GX, are these the same carbs?

Comment

Yep, all GS650G:s have Mikuni BS32 carbs

Comment

Leaking Carbs

We just pulled out my buddies gs750e, spent some time getting it running, and once we did, gas ran out of the carbs like a sieve. Looks like we are looking for similar kits. When I searched on the other links, nothing returned for the 750. Any ideas where to start looking?

Comment

Working...
            X