Dyno on a 1978GS 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyno on a 1978GS 750

Ok guys, my bike is almost done at the shop (replacing engine seals)... So I'll have her back today or tomorrow. (pray for the rain to stop!) Mechanic says everything looks pretty damn good and the valves look barley broke in! So we spent an hour talking performance upgrades and custom work (much to my wife's chagrin, I'm thinking of not keeping the bike stock)... Anyhow, it got me to thinking about the WV Mountainfest rally comming up the end of July. They will have a Dyno there and will test anything for around $25 (you get the results and a t-shirt lol). I can't decide if I'm going to put my baby up there or not. If I do, what range should I expect? The bike is currently stock and probably the only thing that will be done to it before the show is a new air filter (unless I go to the K&N pods and rejet).

Anyone dyno their 750 or know what the stock #'s were?

my 79, bone stock ran 54 HP last year on the dyno, torque was in the mid 30's I believe.

Comment

Hmmm... If I get brave enough to trust the yahoos running the dyno with my baby, I'll post what I get.

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf
        Hmmm... If I get brave enough to trust the yahoos running the dyno with my baby, I'll post what I get.
        It was one of the worst feelings seeing some guy riding your baby to red line, thrashing the hell out of it on a dyno. It was rough man!

Comment

LOL, hope I'm not too off color with this, but I did get a kick out of a harley guy that had his road king up on the dyno last year.... He made the comment after picking his bike back up... "They road her hards and put her away wet.... and all I got was a lousy tee shirt!"

Comment

Working...
          X