450 Airbox installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 Airbox installation

I've seen lots of threads about getting the carbs off/on, but none on putting a new airbox in.

I've got a new airbox for the 450 and the damned thing won't go in! I've got the carbs off, I've got the battery box out, I've got the rear wheel and fender off. Nothing!

Anyone have any advice besides going to pods?

I searched under airbox installation, airbox install, airbox 450 and got nothing.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2006, 02:19 PM.

Nevermind. I got angry and forced it.

And I mean FORCED it. Was sure the plastic was gonna crack.

After this, I'm ready to tear down an entire engine. It can't be nearly as frustrating as that.

Comment

I just swapped out my air box for pods on my 450 and I got so mad I snapped every mounting tab off the sides trying to get it out. Looks like no more plastic covers for me!

Comment

Originally posted by jrciamacco
        I just swapped out my air box for pods on my 450 and I got so mad I snapped every mounting tab off the sides trying to get it out. Looks like no more plastic covers for me!
        When I was getting the old one out, I got so angry I actually hacksawed the thing into three pieces.

Comment

80 750E same thing. Hopefully for newer Suzuki owners, that design engineer has long been retired. :-|

GH

Comment

I'm surprised... my airbox came out fairly easily. Hopefully it's not rougher getting it back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Basket Case
              I'm surprised... my airbox came out fairly easily. Hopefully it's not rougher getting it back in.
              Enjoy,...and let us know.

Comment

Will do. Right now I'm doing final cleanup and prep before getting the engine and frame powder-coated, so it'll be a while

EDIT: I wonder if it helped that everthing was out of the bike already when I took it out. Duh. Just though of that... I already had the engine and electronics off the frame by the time I got around to the airbox...
                Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2006, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Basket Case
                  Will do. Right now I'm doing final cleanup and prep before getting the engine and frame powder-coated, so it'll be a while

EDIT: I wonder if it helped that everthing was out of the bike already when I took it out. Duh. Just though of that... I already had the engine and electronics off the frame by the time I got around to the airbox...
                  Yes. Engine would have helped tremendously. It was the only thing I didn't have off the bike, and I came close to taking that as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X