#2 cylinder not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2 cylinder not firing

I have an 81 GS 750E and the #2 cylinder doesn't seem to be firing at idle. I have changed plugs, swapped coils, and taken the carbs out (they looked very clean) The exhaust does get some what hot over 3000 rpm but I can still grab it with my bare hands. I have checked compression and it seems to be fine. Also burning a lot of fuel and the exhaust smells really rich. Any ideas I would be willing to try anything.

Thanks Brent

First thing to check is the petcock since it is operated by the #2 carb. Check spark, check carbs

Comment

I have excatly the same problem on my 80 GS450. I tooks the carbs out three times and cleaned every little piece inside. Still I cannot get the left cylinder to fire. Fuel comes to that carb and there is a big fat spark on the spark plug. What gives?

Comment

while its running, spray some starting fluid into that carb and see if it fires. if it does, than its a carb related problem, make sure the jest are cleaned out. and sometimes if its a spark plug, the plug might fire when you take it out, but it wont fire under compression. so make sure you have good plugs.

Comment

Check for vacuum leaks... that could be the cause of it. I suspect that's the cause of my #2 cyl problem. I'm cleaning carbs to be safe.

Comment

Working...
          X