carb sync problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb sync problems.

I was syncing my carbs when i couldnt get 2 of the other carbs to change vacumme, it dont seem to be moving the slide like its supposed to. What do i need to do. thanks

What bike do you have?

Comment

79 gs 750, but i think i have figured out the problem. thanks

Comment

What was the problem? I am about to synch a -79 GS myself, but it will be the first time, and no one I know have ever done it before either. So all the help I can get from this forum would be great...

Comment

Yeah, what was it?

Even if it was just a misunderstanding or you feel a little embarrassed about not understanding something, your explanation could be valuable to someone!
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer
            Yeah, what was it?

Even if it was just a misunderstanding or you feel a little embarrassed about not understanding something, your explanation could be valuable to someone!
            Like me...

Comment

well i thought i turned the nut the locking nut that is enough, but turns out that it could go looser. So i loosended the lock nut and bam seemed to sync just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by odl777
                well i thought i turned the nut the locking nut that is enough, but turns out that it could go looser. So i loosended the lock nut and bam seemed to sync just fine.
                You have to hold the throttle valve adjuster screw still while you loosen the holder nut some. Make your adjustment to the screw, then hold it STILL and torque the holder nut to 3.5 ft/lb (per factory spec). Tightening too much causes binding and can screw up your synch. It also leads to the adjuster screws breaking in half at the head.
                After initial vacuum level reads, I always lower any high vacuum level(s) to match the lower ones. This helps avoid back and forth re-adjusting/re-synching so much that the bike will actually run a high idle without even contacting the throttle pulley.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                X