Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch rattle, Poor performance at high speed

Hi Folks

does anyone know if there is any adjustment on the clutch basket as my 81 gs1000e rattles at low revs but quietens down at anything above 1500 rpm and when the cluth lever is pulled in? also when i am out riding and hit around 6ooorpm (in all gears) the engine feels like it is being starved of fuel and will not accelerate further and yet when i put it on the centre stand it will rev freely to the red line, i have checked the diaphragms in the cv carbs for perforations and they seem fine any help would be cool. keep up the good work guys

I dont know much about sh!te just yet.... but I have the same clutch noise... only in neutral...disappears when clutch/gears engaged???

but the Bike repair shop that checked mine over when I bought it said its comon enough in the old 1000's particularly if the clutch is newish and settling in or ...just about stuffed...

in my case I was told it was new and either way dont worry until it craps itself lol

sorry i cant be more help - Im sure others can

I'll be listenin...

If at first you dont succeed, offer her more money...
    Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2006, 06:09 AM.

Comment

The clutch rattle is pretty-much par-for-the-course with GS/GSX Suzukis, and there is no adjustment you can make to the clutch basket to eliminate it. Just live with it. It's nothing sinister. However, it can be significantly reduced by keeping the engine in good tune and keeping the carburettors properly balanced.

Re. your engine losing power at around 6000rpm, there have been a few recent posts with similar problems, so do a bit of a scrounge around using the 'Search' feature and see what you come up with.

But it could be that your main jets are too rich or too lean, as they really kick in over about 5000rpm. Alternatively, you might have some blocked jets. Have you given the old girl a carbie clean-up?

Or, you may have an electrical issue, but really I would thoroughly check out the fuel side of things first, as about 90% of these things are fuel-related.

Mike.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

carb cleaner

can anyone recomend a decent carb cleaner, preferably one that doesnt require that i strip it down to 57,000 pieces first. ta very much

Comment

wal mart- under a buck a bottle worked very well for me.

Comment

Working...
            X