Bike Won't Start!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike Won't Start!!!!!

HELP!!! its been soo nice out the last couple of days and my bike won't start.. Im trying to get my 1982 gs1100L, fixed as cheap and fast as posssiable. The one day i was walking back from my classes and i jump on my bike to start it up.. I hit the starter button and i hear the starter spin but no motor.. so i pop started to get it home. I took the the cover off by the starter to make sure all the gears were lined up, which they were, every thing was spinning like it should.. but nothing was turning the motor over.. so im stuck here at school with my bike with limited tools, and before i pop start it to drive it home (where all my tools are) for the weekend, i was wondering if any body knew what part/s i need to get so I can get it to start.

Thanks...

The starter motor spins but isn't engaging the engine itself? It sounds like your starter clutch isn't engaging. Do you have a repair manual for your bike?

Comment

Yes, the starter spins, which spins a gears, which spins another gear that is around my crank shaft, but the crankshaft dosn't spin. I never got to pick up a manual.

Thanks

Comment

Im in the same boat

Sounds like the starter clutch I got the book looks pretty easy. Parts to fix are under 20 bucks.

Pan

Comment

Thanks for the help..

Comment

Working...
          X