New Coils and thier wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like, contact NGK customer support:

I just called them and spoke with their tech guy named Chris (phone option #2 for tech). Chris initially stated that you should use resistor plugs with resistor wire sets. and non-resisitor with non-resistor wire sets. He then told me it actually didn't make much difference which was used on which but with a few caveats. IF the ignition is VERY weak or magneto type, using the wrong combo could produce negative results. Keep in mind that your bike originally was fitted with non-resistor plugs (NGK B8ES) and non-resistor caps and wires.

If there is ANY confusion, call him and ask him... You might also do some search for other plug types and see if this issue is addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgeorge
      If you like, contact NGK customer support:

I just called them and spoke with their tech guy named Chris (phone option #2 for tech). Chris initially stated that you should use resistor plugs with resistor wire sets. and non-resisitor with non-resistor wire sets. He then told me it actually didn't make much difference which was used on which but with a few caveats. IF the ignition is VERY weak or magneto type, using the wrong combo could produce negative results. Keep in mind that your bike originally was fitted with non-resistor plugs (NGK B8ES) and non-resistor caps and wires.

If there is ANY confusion, call him and ask him... You might also do some search for other plug types and see if this issue is addressed.
      THAT is not true The stock Suzuki plug caps are aprox 5K ohms with solid core wires. IT doesn't matter what type of plugs you use. The Dyna & most
      silicon wire sets are noise suppression and the stock plug cap is not required. THey use conventional auto type connectors. You can use the stock caps
      with the dyna wires, I would not use stock caps with resistor plugs & suppression wires.
      Magnetos need solid core wires

Comment

Working...
      X