Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug Wires

I have a 1985 GS700ES and was wonderering if there are any automobile wires I can substitute? I know the cap and wires come as 1 piece.
    Thanks,
    lostit23

Originally posted by lostit23
    I have a 1985 GS700ES and was wonderering if there are any automobile wires I can substitute? I know the cap and wires come as 1 piece.
    Thanks,
    lostit23
    i use an axell 7mm wire set from an auto discount house--yards cheaper too. i buy the universal sets and cut them to sizi. Im a chissler

Comment

I went to an auto junkyard last week to get some new wires. I just checked out all the wrecked ricer cars with the "go slower" wings on the back for new performance wires. Pulled a couple of those and a couple of nice Bosch wires out of BMW. I haven't made up new wires yet but these should do the trick just fine.

Total cost? Nothing. They were thrown in with the rare E-code headlights I took out of the BMW while I was at it. Total cost for the day? $17.

/\/\ac

Comment

JHawkins just got new coils and used Dodge 318 wires.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

plug wires

Thanks alot for all the suggestions!
          Eternally?? gratefull

Comment

spark plug caps.

Caps are seperate, and can fail/degrade over time. I have NGKs as replacments to the stock. There are different lengths and different angles. For four cyclinders, the 2 center are differeent than the two outside.

My experience is that these caps failing/degrading are the most common causes of ignition problems.
            http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
            Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Thanks for the info bro.

Comment

Working...
              X