Discontinued Items- Where do I shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discontinued Items- Where do I shop?

Could anyone recomend a good place to look for new & used parts for an 82 model GS1100GK?

I just bought the bike, and it needs exhaust work and some carb work.

I can see that parts for my new bike are not easy to come by. Im not too savy on bike stuff, I guess im not sure what exactly I need to replace. The previous owner chopped the mufflers off in the middle. The headers and pipes seem to be ok, should i just be looking for Mufflers?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2006, 04:34 PM.

Bikebandit? www.bikebandit.com

Comment

The GK exhaust is unique, What i would do is adapt a muffler from a Hardley
      you can usually get them very cheap maybe even free. You may need a short pipe for an adapter- check at local muffler shop Have it tack welded together. Then remove the pipes for a proper welding with tig-mig ?? for a nice clean weld

Comment

How do various mufflers affect jetting etc? If I were to go from my dual stockers to dual something else, that might necesitate a rejet correct?

As for discontinued items, I hit ebay. In fact.. I just saw this recently.... might be the same year? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...spagenameZWDVW

Auction ends soon!

Comment

I called a few of the Harley places in my area, they are going to look around for some sportster mufflers. ill let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X