Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact Driver too harsh for CV Cap screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dremmel was my saving grace as well. Same method.

Comment

The Dremel tool was given to us by GOD himself I believe! I cannot imagine how I lived so long without one after getting one last weekend. No mater where it is, if you have snapped it off and do not have a Dremel tool, stop right where you are and go buy one before you try anything else! Take all your easy-out bits and weld little rings on them so you can use them as fishing sinkers.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
        The Dremel tool was given to us by GOD himself I believe! I cannot imagine how I lived so long without one after getting one last weekend. No mater where it is, if you have snapped it off and do not have a Dremel tool, stop right where you are and go buy one before you try anything else! Take all your easy-out bits and weld little rings on them so you can use them as fishing sinkers.
        Dremel didn't do schit for me. Still wouldn't turn. Vicegrips worked wonders.

That being said, I've used the dremel to great success on just about every other endeavor, although I still prefer to do things by hand most of the time. I think of it as meditation.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
          Dremel didn't do schit for me. Still wouldn't turn. Vicegrips worked wonders.

That being said, I've used the dremel to great success on just about every other endeavor, although I still prefer to do things by hand most of the time. I think of it as meditation.
          There is a trick to "customizing" the cutting disks in order to make them do what you need them to do depending on your issue. Glad you got them out Mike. Like Ron said, get yourself some good Allan head bolts from the hardware store now. I have no idea what Suzuki was thinking when they put all those screwdriver tip screws all over the bikes?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
            I have no idea what Suzuki was thinking when they put all those screwdriver tip screws all over the bikes?
            It's honestly madness. Sometimes you really wonder.

"Screwdriver tip screws of a material that's both soft AND will chemically bond to carb and engine? Brilliant!"

Comment

Working...
            X