Custom speedometer cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom speedometer cable

Now that I've got the Kawi 900 Ninja forks on my '78 GS400, I need to get a speedometer cable from the drive to the speedometer itself. The inner cable itself will work, but the outer cable has the wrong end on it. My stock Suzuki cable has an end on it that goes into the speedometer, and a different end that goes into the drive. If both ends were the same as the speedometer end, it would work. I have two outer cables, but I don't think I can get the end off one and onto the other without breaking it. Anybody got any solution ideas?

also, when you buy a new speedometer cable (from parts unlimited or motion pro) do you get both the inner and outer cable?
    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2006, 03:48 PM.

*cough* anyone at least bought a speedometer cable?

Comment

They should come as one!

Comment

Cable and jacket should be sold as one.

You might try going to a decent bike shop, going to the parts counter, explain what you have (suzuki with ninja forks) and look at the speedo cables they have in stock, keep going through them until you have the length you want with the ends you want. A good parts guy can help out a lot here.

Try searching for "custom motorcycle speedo cable" on the net. I'm sure there's someone out there making them...
        Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2006, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X