Will 850 forks fit on my 750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 850 forks fit on my 750?

I have a 1979 GS750L and i wanted to get a pair of straight dual disc forks. Would a pair of 1980 gs850 forks work on my 79 gs750. im putting on the standard model triple tree's. so the forks would be a little closer together. is the diameter the same so they fit in my triple clamps

i have a set off a 79 1000 lemme know

Comment

If they're both the same diameter and are approximately the same length, I'm sure they'd fit. A pair of calipers would be best for measuring the inner tube diameters.

Comment

The Problem Is I Saw Some On Ebay I Wanted To Buy, I Cant Measure Them. I Looked On Bikebandit, And I Think They'll Work. If Not, Ill Make Them Work

Comment

I checked my manual, but I couldn't find the fork tube diameter. Using a straightedge and a metric ruler to measure my forks, I would say that the diameter is 37mm. The length from the top (not including the cap) to the center of the axle is 31 7/16 inches. If your forks are about the same (especially the diameter), you should be in business.

Keep in mind, however, that mine are for a standard "G" model. I don't know the length for the "L."
          Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2006, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X