Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750L 1980 newbie question

lo all,
    Just bought a white GS750L (4 valve head model) and am desperate to get out and play with it. Im in the UK, this has been imported at some point.

Ordered a clymer and haynes manual, but I'm itching to start my shopping list so can anybody tell me the following. (I dont necessarily trust what is already on the bike)

Spark Plugs, what ones does it use, and what should the gap be?

Oil what grade and should I use synthetic?

Rear shocks, has anyone used the Hagon replacements, and if so, any good?

Tyres, anyone got any suggestions as to good grippy readily available tyres to fit ?

Thanks in advance, photo(s) to follow.

Another oil Q OH NO

Spark plugs NGK D8ES gap .025 in. I use Progressive dual spring heavy duty rear shocks. Pirelli makes good tires but Dunlops are more affordable. If you're going to ask about oil here get ready for a 300 post marathon. I use 20/50 Gastro.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks for the help.

Oh, and I had a look around last night and ended up on a gigantic oil thread, so maybe I will just wait on the manual for the oil info :-D .

Comment

Originally posted by Headphase
        Oh, and I had a look around last night and ended up on a gigantic oil thread, so maybe I will just wait on the manual for the oil info :-D .
        Yaaa, good plan!!!:-D The weight is sometimes listed right on the fill cap, or on a spec sticker on the fender under the seat.
        (my flavor is 10W40 Castrol GTX, 1980 GS750E)

GH
        Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X