No announcement yet.

My LAST step~and, last request for HELP!! Throttle cable bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my diaphragm screws are the same length and they worked fine.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thank You Frosty< >tpeeples>chef!!!

I forgot to give "Thank You"'s to Frosty...THANK YOU!! And to TPeeples...
      All these pics have been verrrrrry helpful!!! I "thought" this was how they were to be assembled, but didn't want to screw it up, and didnt know how it attached to the diaphragm cover....
      You guys are the BEST!! You dont even want to know how this all began...
      I cant wait for tomorrow!\\/

Comment

Originally posted by speedzter2000
        I forgot to give "Thank You"'s to Frosty...THANK YOU!! And to TPeeples...
        All these pics have been verrrrrry helpful!!! I "thought" this was how they were to be assembled, but didn't want to screw it up, and didnt know how it attached to the diaphragm cover....
        You guys are the BEST!! You dont even want to know how this all began...
        I cant wait for tomorrow!\\/
        +

Well...Does it run now?:-D

Comment

Hello...Again...

Hi everybody!! I apologize for not following up with my thread here....
          I had to take care of some personal stuff, and then, it rains,it's cooooold... I have to work, and stuff gets screwed up :-D Ah, life has it's challenges, but that's what I love about it!!
          ANYWAY....enough drama.... I did get the carbs in!! WOO-HOO!! THEN, realized, SH!T!!! I forgot to turn out air pilot screw #2...well, damn thing only went so far, and guess what?? Had to take them out...again....and of course, screw stripped out. I found an EASY way to get them out....you might break a few drill bits, but hey, worked for me!!AND...I didnt screw up the threading for the air pilot screw.I also realized AFTER putting them in (1st time) that you can unscrew the airbox, pull it back, and makes it a heck of a lot easier putting in/taking out...Live and Learn....;-)
          ANYWAY, took the air screws out of ALL the carbs, and made sure they( air holes?) were free and clear. I missed one before!! And, it was clogged.
          Also realized after the bike killed 2 batteries; went ahead and bought a R/R from Dennis Kirk...SUPER FAST shipping!!
          I also have to use my other set of handlebars (thank god I had the foresight to do that) because the first pair were a bit too short, and everything was binding.
          I dont even know when I'm going to get the darn thing running... I think in an evil way, I dont want to, just so I have something to mess around with!! I hope to be on the road by the end of this month, MAYBE SUNDAY!! I've done EVERYThING now by the carb series rebuild instructions.
          If all else fails, I did manage to find a guy who knows a lot about these bikes and is willing to work on mine.
          I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone on this site that has helped me out, big or small. I have learned a LOT by using the search feature (how to put on handlebar grips...hairspray did the trick!!) , how to troubleshoot, and anything and everything. Lot less grey hairs:-D
          I will post when I get it up and running...
          Until then...Happy cruising to you all!!
          Janice

Comment

Working...
          X