Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dyna S" vs. "Dyna 2000" ignition system

Hey everyone...I need to get a new ignition system for my 1980 GS1100E:

I wanted to know what the difference between the "Dyna S" ($175.00) and "Dyna 2000" ($388.00) ignition systems are?

-Would the cheaper model work just fine with my bike? Or would the Dyna 2000 be that much better?

-I noticed one had a little computer box with it..and the other one doesn't. Does that mean anything significant?

Links:

Dyna 2000http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendo...&PartNo=200339
    Dyna S http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendo...t&PartNo=20276

Thanks!!!

Rudi
    San Antonio, TX
    1980 GS1100E w/ 89,500 miles[/url]

Dyna S vs Dyna 2000

Rudi, the Dyna S is perfect for your bike. The 2000 is more for full on sportbikes with fuel injection and the whole 9 yards. It's basically a fully programmable ignition system, with 5 different advance curves, 4 different retard modes and broad range rev limiter.
    Doze.

Comment

Doze...

Thank you for the great news, Doze!!! One question, though:

-My stock ignition system DID have a computer box (ignitor unit)...the Dyna S doesn't appear to have one. is the Dyna 2000 ignitor unit the same as my stock one?

Or am I missing something?
      :roll:

Rudi

Comment

Re: Doze...

Originally posted by Rudi

-My stock ignition system DID have a computer box (ignitor unit)...the Dyna S doesn't appear to have one. is the Dyna 2000 ignitor unit the same as my stock one?

Rudi
        The DYNA S Is a self contained unit you will no longer need to use your ignitor box. It is made to replace it, the unit goes under the cover where your old pickup coil was and is wired right up to your igniton coils . the instructions are great and i had a tech question and there tech line was excellent. I installed it an a couple of hours and my bike runs great.
        Mike

Comment

Rudi: I haven't confirmed this but I think you could get regular mileage with the 2000 as you indicated you want that. When you're out howling around town you should be able to switch the 2000 to a race timing and get the added power instead of mileage.

Steve

Comment

Re: Doze...

Originally posted by Mike Jost
            Originally posted by Rudi

Rudi
            The DYNA S Is a self contained unit you will no longer need to use your ignitor box. It is made to replace it, the unit goes under the cover where your old pickup coil was and is wired right up to your igniton coils . the instructions are great and i had a tech question and there tech line was excellent. I installed it an a couple of hours and my bike runs great.
            Mike
            Wow!! What great news! Seriously, I was worried that I'd still have to get an ignitor unit when buying the Dyna S (which is very expensive). Thank you for that info...

Comment

Oh!

Originally posted by srivett
              Rudi: I haven't confirmed this but I think you could get regular mileage with the 2000 as you indicated you want that. When you're out howling around town you should be able to switch the 2000 to a race timing and get the added power instead of mileage.

Steve
              Hey Steve!

So you're saying that the Dyna 2000 ignition system allows the rider to regulate whether or not you want all-out power...or high gas mileage?

Comment

I just did a little research and I've found out that I'm probably wrong. I'm not too sure how to explain explain timing vs. power.

Comment

Working...
                X